The Royal Institute for Strategic Studies (IRES) took part at the 25th edition of the International Exhibition of Books and Publishing (SIEL), held in Casablanca from February 7 to 17, 2019. His participation was an opportunity to promote strategic thinking, to disseminate foresight and to facilitate collective appropriation of the issues concerning the Kingdom and its membership to all communities, in particular Africa.
On this occasion, IRES organized several parallel events, on:
- African migration;
- Morocco's return to the African Union;
- Energy transition;
- Cultural diplomacy;
- Relations between Morocco and Spain: realities and perspectives;
- New Moroccan geopolitics in Africa;
- Security issue in Africa;
- Challenges of climate change and sustainable development.
These events was attended by Moroccan and foreign personalities, relevant diplomatic delegations from Africa, Europe, Asia and America, as well as academics and civil society.